So we tried the trio pizza, s.e.x., raspberry leaf tea, walking, jogging, yoga, accupressure and some serious pleas and prayers for divine intervention... who knows if it's done anything; so we're taking a different route (so to speak).
My dishwasher came (huzzah! It's a Bosch and FABULOUS!), and instead of just verifying that the guy could install it with out pulling up 2 layers of subfloor and linoleum… we decided to move ahead with a little mini-renovation. Yes, we STARTED the project 2 days AFTER baby’s scheduled due date. We told the guys helping us out that we’d give them a bonus as long as the project was complete before Holden got here. I think the kitchen (the mini-upgrades we asked for) will be easily finished by Saturday night… the bathroom just off the kitchen is a completely different story.
We pulled up the top layer of flooring to extend the same flooring from the kitchen and the sub-floor particle board looked more like sawdust underneath than wood. Not to mention, it totally smelled like my late Great Aunt Veeda’s house in Filmore (rest her soul,) and I don’t mean burnt toast and raspberry jam.
So obviously I’m convinced we have a mold problem… but I’m not sure if it’s the deadly toxic kind or otherwise. Seems a bit ridiculous that we buy the nonVOC paint that’s practically fume-less for the walls and now I may have exposed some deadly allergens into our home.
So first things first –
- We totally quarantined the area (well, as best we could). I’m pretending that part of our house just doesn’t exist.
- I’m getting someone to come test and remove the crap that’s left over …the initial demo work the guys (and my sister) did got rid of most of it…but I just need to know the space is safe even if it's not useable.
- And someday, we’ll get our bathroom remodeled… but I have no idea when we’ll have the funds or the environment to do that. (I don’t really want banging and sheetrock and all that junk around when we bring Holden home, obviously.)
The good news is, this whole ordeal has done a stand-up job deterring my mind from the whole “why hasn’t my baby come yet? And am I broken because I won’t dilate” issue.
I told Danny there's an eerie resemblance between "waiting for him" and "waiting for our son."
The dialogue (waiting for my soul-mate vs. waiting for my son) goes something like this:
- Why am I still single/pregnant?
- What's wrong with me?
- I'm excited to meet my soulmate/son. . .
- Why is it taking so long?
- It must be me. I'm broken...
- I'm not broken, I just need to keep an eternal perspective
- Remember patience is a virtue.
- I wonder what he'll be like
- I should exercise.
Hopefully the next update will be a birthing announcement, eh?
And Wikky, you are right... someday I will look back at all of this and laugh.