I almost didn't want to tell you, in case you were just a blog stalker who also happened to be planning to break in my house and steal my very expensive collection of 18th century garden gnomes... but our friends Q & Christie are there (living in the basement as I have mentioned before) and so if you were planning a robbery:
a) they will be home so be really quiet upstairs
b) it's impossible to be quiet upstairs because our hardwood squeaks and they will hear you.
So I would plan your debauchery for another day.
OK, some thoughts:
- We are here for my sister-in-love's wedding. Danny's sister is getting married on the beach Saturday. Huzzah!!!
- I made it just over 3 and a half miles today. I did a couple of 4-milers last week, but wore socks and duct tape (as I mentioned.) Today was totally barefoot: shoeless, sockless, tapeless... just me and footies hitting the pavement, actually the sidewalk mostly. Maui has really clean sidewalks.
- With today's new running 'goal' achieved, I am thinking seriously about running this 10k in a couple of weeks the same way... (hopefully Saint George's terrain feels more like Hawaii's sidewalks than the East Bench's asphalt.)
- Holden is the greatest toddler in the world. I have no reason to believe otherwise. He did awesome on the 7-hour flight from Phoenix to Maui (serious headwinds); and then didn't even make it to bed until 7 pm last night (which I think is 11 Utah time?) after a 18-plus hour day. Even at dinner, when he was starting to get glazed over eyes Little Bits just got mellow: No breakdowns, no tears... just dazed and ready to hit the sack when we finally let him.
- He loves the waves and is fearless in the water.
- My in-laws ("in-loves" as we prefer to say) are amazing: generous, patient and can put up with me. (PS. I've got my Mother-in-Law soaking up the Michael Pollan stuff too! It's awesome!)
- Lot's more to say, but that should suffice for now.
PS. I do not have a collection of 18th century gnomes. So there really is no reason to break in to my home after all.