But enough about the weather. I've compiled a little list of things we've accomplished - mostly at Disneyland yesterday, but also of our escapaeds since we arrived (some pictures to follow).
- Three-dollar-and-twenty-five-cent cupcakes from Sprinkles, of Beverly Hills Fame (though we went to the Newport locale). Delish, but I still think the original Peanut Butter Chocolate variety at 25 Main in St. George is better.
- Running shorts from Lucy.
- Swimming, swimming, hot tubbing & swimming.
- Putting greens, playground time & walks around the Marriott property.
- Made it to Magic Kingdom:
- It's a Small World - twice!?!?! By far Mr. Holden's favorite ride. He was dancing and pointing...and we rode during 'parade time,' so for our second round we had an entire boat to ourselves.
- 30 minute-wait for Peter Pan (I think the Dole Pineapple Freeze line was the only thing that took longer)...Fast Passes for Indiana Jones, in case you were wondering.
- My nephew Max gets chosen for Jedi training and 'freestyles' against Lord Vader. The force is strong in this young Padawan.
- Photo-ops with Aladdin & the Genie.
- Charmed the parade crowd with Jedi mind tricks (or just being his delightful self).
- Lunch at the Blue Bayou (that restaurant you see at the beginning of Pirates). Holden and I had the couscous and lots of white bread!
- Star Tours, Space & Big Thunder Mountains, a run in with a Yetti at the Matterhorn, a turn through Alice's Wonderland and a wild ride with Mr. Toad (Holden did the steering on that one).
12 hours later we had checked off our Disney to-do lists and then some. Little Bits had been such a trooper. We changed his pants, put on pajamas and he was asleep in the minivan before we hit the 5.