As I write this, we're 15,000 feet above the ground - probably making our way to 24,000 or something. We travel a lot together. Flying wears me out a lot quicker than it used to- I'm not quite sure how you feel about it?
Anyway, I've been thinking about you a lot lately... How can I not? Your presence seems more and more present every day. I think your spirit is spending a lot more time with your body in the womb, at the same time, I can't help but wonder what last minute preparations you're making to get down here in the next few months.
I have so many hopes and dreams for you. I can hardly wait until your birthing day, but I do think it's important you spend at least 12 more weeks inside, ok? There will be plenty of time for us to get to know eachother - I promise to make you a priority and to not put foolish things ahead of you. I'm kind of wondering what will happen with me, and you and my work long-term, but I'm thinking we'll get that all sorted out after your big debut and we've had a little more time to evaluate...
So here's what I hope for you:
- I hope that you are physically well, that you are able to do all the amazing things with your body that you want to
- More importanly than that, I hope that you are spiritually strong, that you have a desire to treat yourself and others with dignity
- I hope you have faith in God and in humanity. I hope you don't see the world as a cruel and selfish place, but as somewhere that good exists and you can play a key role in changing life and your surroundings for the better
- I hope you are an eternal optimist... That while you recognize that life is not fair, that doesn't deter you from seeking after your dreams or trying to help others to achieve their life's ambition
- I want you to recognize that everyone can succeed, and that every situation life hands you can be a win-win
- I want you to respect women, to cherish your future siblings, your ancestors and to look at your father as your best friend...he is an incredible example to me, and to you, and if you pattern your life after him, you will be successful, happy and marry a really incredible woman. :)
- I want you to find humor and delight in the simple things in life. I want you to appreciate the stunning artistry in a sunset, the miracle that a hummingbird flying is, and the tremendous feat it is to have one's "laundry pile depleated"... But if only for a moment.
- I want you to know I have always loved you, even before I met you. That we are connected through the eternities and that whatever dreams and aspirations for goodness are yours, I dedicate my life to helping you achieve them.