Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Looked Out the Window & What Did I See?

Definitely popcorn popping, but this is our plumb tree... I missed the opportunity to take a picture of the apricot tree, again... but trust me, it was brilliant.


So this is not my kid, but I think it's worth checking out.






This week in preparation for Earth Day, Holden and I spent some time working on and in the yard:
  • Weeding the first patch of official garden space that will house the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers
  • Visiting Western Gardens for organic Bumper Crop, organic fertilizer, seeds, seeds ( and more seeds) and some help with the Wasp problem (While this is the year I make peace with the Bees, I am not so open-hearted with the wasps and hornets)
  • Checked out about 25 lbs worth of Library Books (ok, 12 I think?) with titles like "Composting," "Organic Gardening" and "The Complete Herb Book." I will not be reading most of them cover to cover; but I am already learning so much.
So welcome spring. We're hoping you'll stay a while!

Just in case you don't know the words to sing along:

I looked at the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise!
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.

I can take an armful and make a treat
a popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.



Happy Earth Day Tomorrow!

1 comment:

Melissa: said...

me too. that kid is pretty cute.