Sunday, January 23, 2011

Down Doggie at the DG***

So we are alive. Sometimes I tweet about it; sometimes I update my fb status about it; but mostly I just blog telepathically in my mind, and then don't realize until the 23rd an entire month has passed with out documenting our comings and goings on the web+log.

In a nutshell, life is good. Both of the boys have bdays next month, and I somehow convinced Danny that (even though we have a balance on our AMEX) the universe wants us to take a Disney cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate their birthdays, Valentines Day AND Mother's Day this Spring (this really took the pressure off me stalking **Dan Patrick for the next two weeks trying to get an autographed copy of his mug).

There were just so many signs pointing in that direction (of the cruise, not so much DP's mug). First, I haven't been tan in what feels like ages (except that fake spray-on for the Snooki-bit). B, Danny and I definitely need some alone time, and our room comes with a sheet-like curtain of sorts in our cabin to pull across for privacy. Thirdly, we had Skymiles for two plane tickets...so its like the universe would not take NO for an answer (or maybe that was just me. I can be kind of persuasive if I need to be.)

Any-who... on the docket for next month? More yoga! But with a shift in focus to Holden -- which only makes sense. He will be two!

Here's the little guy showing off Balasana (child's pose)***

We've been loving our Mommy & Me Yoga class at Shiva Center with Brandi Allen. It's been a great way to kick-off our week and get Holden started on his own yogic path of discovery. Actually, his favorite parts involving nose-honking the studio's Arjuna statue and trying to feed the Ganesh figurine almonds from the alter, but it's a safe-place for me. And now I get a chance to pay it forward.

I will be guest instructing two days (four classes) at Discovery Gateway -- SLC's Children's Museum- - next month leading the 18 month - 3 yr old "Music in Motion" class focusing on YOGA! My segments will be Monday the 7th and (President's Day) the 21st at 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. From my understanding, classes are FREE for members, and for single-day visitors the ($8.00?) cost of admission into the museum covers the class as well. Classes cap at 12 students, so it's first-come first-serve basis.

It also looks like I'll also be making another appearance on FOX's weekend morning show next month -- most likely Saturday the 19th . The focus will be on the benefits of Kids Yoga and easy ways to get your little ones involved in body movement and creative exploration yoga-style. I'll let you know more details as they firm up.

In the meantime, if you're wondering about the bajillion benefits that can come from kids practicing yoga, check out this awesome article that ran last spring in the Columbia Tribune. And then join us for a class!

Namaste friends.



*Whit and Bridge and any other DG's - do you get nostalgic and think I'm talking about your college stomping ground when you read that?
**Danny's Man-Crush. My husband was once asked who he would most like to go to lunch with if space and time were of no consequence and he responded, "I know I should say like Ghandi or Jesus, but I think Id have to go with Dan Patrick."
**It would be more truthful to say he was protesting Down-dog. If I remember correctly, I was anxious to get a photo of his yoga skills and he was anxious to prove he wasn't interested in showing off for the camera. But you get the idea.

1 comment:

WIKKY said...

The Deeg, Dirty Girls and just plain DG! Brings me back to the crazy days of college. So yes... I totally love it when you post about DG, even if it isn't really about my obnoxious sorority up at the "U"!!!!
Love that you are cruising it up! How fun!!!!
Let's get that swimming date planned too! I would love to hear what you have to say but mostly would just love to hang out and goof off in the pool with you guys!!!