Thursday, July 19, 2012

Media Madness with the Mangums

We've been in somewhat of a media frenzy this past week.

  • Zoë had a cameo on a channel 2 news story they were running about Scott. You can watch it HERE. (And then yes, RETIRE HATCH and vote for Howell.)
  • My latest guest-blog for Make and Takes went live today. It's a tribute to the greenest little lady I've ever known -- my grandma. Check that piece out HERE
  • Also, I'm sure you didn't think with all the talk of Health Care legislation and the Supreme Court ruling on the Affordable Care Act (colloquially "Obamacare") that I'd be silent on such a hot political topic. No, I'm not. I've posted a piece on howell's WE Blog, you can find that link HERE.

In case you don't want to read the full piece, consider this fact:

"By focusing on 'tweaking' the ACA, rather than scrapping it altogether, we ensure that in our state more than 22,00 Utahns under the age of 26 are covered under their parents’ insurance plan; and because of ACA 50,000 Utah children are now insurable, despite having pre-existing conditions."


Despite what the anti-ACA people want you to believe, Obamacare is not all bad (this is probably due to the fact that conservatives -- Romney and the Heritage Foundation-- created the blueprint). It's actually got some really great things in it -- with provisions to CUT the cost of health care. But you don't have to take my word for it, the Utah Health Policy Project (a non-partisan group) explained it a lot better more than a year ago.

Anyway, enough politalk. You can check out the pieces if you're interested. I don't know anyone who thinks the law is is perfect, but it's a start...

OK, so that's the tip of the iceberg on my week in review... we've been busy. I can't wait to head up to Sun Valley this weekend and spend time in the sun, at the pool, with my kids and my best friend. We all need a little break from the new 'norm' of Mangum madness.

No comments: