Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm a Soccer Mom!

Hope ya'll had a sweeet Earth Day. (You can check out last week's Make and Takes article by yours truly if you're feeling like you need a little more green in your life.) Truthfully, we are a bit behind schedule (forgot to read the Lorax, a family tradition); but we did get outside in the fresh air. I officially became a soccer mom, as Holden kicked-off the season with a .... well, I'm not sure what to call it. Definitely 'a success' because he liked it; but he hasn't quite developed that killer instinct for wanting the ball. Perhaps I was the same way at four?

Regardless, he's having fun... and I have another tremendous opportunity to practice patience and detachment. (Yoga is for life, not just on the mat.)

While all the grandparents and his father were telling him how fantastic his performance was, my words were more along the lines of: "I think you have a lot of room for improvement, and it's going to be so fun to watch you progress!"

Here's to the journey!

No comments: