Friday, April 6, 2007

Return from MKE with Cookies on the Lips; swaped out for the hips

Greetings Friends,

I am home from the Midwest. Truth be told, Milwaukee (or “Mil-ah-what-kay” as Alice Cooper explained in Wayne’s World) is a pretty great place. It reminded me a lot of Indiana; same biting cold, just minus the corn.

The people were ever so gracious; I ate way too many chocolate chip cookies; and as a consequence I borrowed Danny’s belt for a baseball game tonight because I had to wear my “fat jeans.” Granted, the self-deprecating comments should stop; but I’m a 5’5” 155 lb woman. Deprecation kind of seems in order.

From the time I arrived at MKE airport, to touch down in SLC yesterday – the entire trip took me about 10 hours to complete (I had a 3 hour layover in LAX which gave me plenty of time to contemplate the 5 varieties of cheese on the 5 cheese and tomato CPK pizza). I thought about doing yoga in the gate area, but I didn’t want to creep anyone out with my down-dog so I stuck to a nice mild version of tree-pose (the mild variety is about the only one I do) and called it quits. Baron Baptiste eat your heart out!

I officially have 3 fans (plus two other people that have read the site) and have tallied 2 “comments” within my first week of blogging. Things are shaping up quite nicely. Who knew I’d be so successful?

***********

Also on the agenda – I’m hosting a dinner party tomorrow night. It will be fun to play domestic goddess tomorrow. We’re having sweet and sour orange chicken with roasted kumquats. Should be a crowd pleaser. . . and I will attempt to make a variety of Lugano’s roasted beet salad with blue cheese and fennel (only it’s not going to have blue cheese, or fennel . . . and I’m not exactly sure how super chef Greg Neville roasts his beets; even though I wrote a story on it and specifically asked him for the recipe.

***********

I hired a cleaning lady to help out with the apartment tomorrow. I’ve asked for 2 hours to get our 800 sq feet spick-and-span. . . whatever that means. Mostly, I’m just afraid of what could be growing behind our toilet and I’m not interested in discovering it myself. I prefer it remain one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe – or at least the black hole that is our water closet.

**********

MD – I’ve only heard a little of the new Modest Mouse. Not enough to form an opinion; except to say that “100 miles is a long drive inside a car” and although I didn’t have “a drink the other day, opinions were like kittens I was giving them away.”

**********

This is going to be one of the best weekends of my life. Tonight we went to a Bee’s (triple A baseball) game with the little people (my two sisters, Danny, a bro in law and all the little sandwich grabbers). It was sooooooooo fun! Who knew churros could instill such a sense of peace and happiness through the universe.
And tomorrow, besides yoga; Danny and I are getting a couples massage at 1 pm. Send us all your positive chi as we align our chakras!

Namaste!
Suite

3 comments:

swanky said...

YAYAYAYAY! Now someone else who will be just as obsessed with blogging as I. (Although, with the move and the new job, I'm really behind...) I think it's great ... I will totally read it (you've always given Swanky tons of support) and I'm totally linking you on my blog. :) Oh, and thanks for the shoutout in your profile section. :) Miss you!

Allison said...

Spence and I are now fans too, we know you will succeed. I think I should get a cleaning lady too, wait thats what spencer calls me, nevermind.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,