Sunday, April 8, 2007

Holy Friggin’ Fabulous Easter Sunday weekend, batman!

I’d like to think the weekend officially kicked off to a tremendous start on Friday afternoon when I had a business lunch at Bambara. While the cuisine is always lovely (a bit pretentious, yes but lovely nonetheless), I must say it’s their Bluberry lemonade that really has me singing its praises.

Once I put my work day to an official close, Danny* I and went shopping for Saturday night’s dinner party. (Note, in case you did not read in the sidebar. . . Danny is my husband; I am very taken; but that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends . . . or at least it shouldn’t keep you from reading my blog. I need all the support I can get).

Anyway, all these years of fantasizing about hosting the most divine fete with foodstuffs and frivolity (much like the scene in “High Fidelity” when John Cusak attends a swanky feast at an ex-girlfriend’s . . . played by the seductive Catherine Zeta Jones); well my turn had arrived (we finally have enough chairs to seat our table of eight).

I had been designing our five course meal for the past three days and just needed danny’s final thumbs up before we proceeded to the check stand.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we opted for the “roasted sweet and sour chicken with thyme, orange and kumkwats” over some variety of grilled lamb chops. And believe me, it had more to do with the fact we don’t have an outdoor (or indoor) grill, for that matter . . . than the fact that lamb chops are a bit more pricey than the “chipper chicken” (Steve Martin, “Father of the Bride”).

Shopping complete . . .
Hit a Bee’s game with some family members (Danny’s own personal heaven; the baseball game I mean. . . not necessarily hangin’ with the in-laws; but he seemed to enjoy himself well enough).

Next day; Danny was a peach and tidied the apartment as “Maria” (a.k.a. my own personal “Rosario”) was coming over later that afternoon to deep clean post yoga. (She’s uber fab btw. And only $15 an hour!!!! I wish she could come weekly, but that would not be very domestic-goddessey-of-moi). If you want her contact info, shoot me a message as I have just officially named myself her internet publicist. (MD, I don’t think she can fly to PHX to help you and Jess out – but Jess probably keeps everything lovely anyway . . . )

So I hit yoga – do something toxic to my knee; because according to my new-age self help book knee injuries are caused from being stubborn and not trusting the flow of life . . . I HAD SET MY INTENTION TO TRUST THE FLOW!!!! HOW MUCH MORE FLOWY CAN I GET?!?!?!?!

Anyway, post yoga; Danny and I indulged in a couples massage at Tranquility Med Spa (a B-day/Valentines present for Danny that somehow came with a delightful treat for me too!)

Post massage; Rosario came and saved the day!!! The house looked immaculate. Who knew she and Danny would make such a divine duo. . . just like Mr. and Mrs. Clean; except I am the Mexican that Danny is married to and sleeping with; not Rosario (I mean Maria).

So I’m just about to give you the story on my chickens that gave birth to an orange; and the woes of baking with kosher salt (my poooooooor unfortunate angel food cake!!!!) . . . but it’s 11:30 and I am quite tired.

So I promise to give you the lowdown on the orange baby; how grateful we were one of the dinner guests had worked at Kenny Rogers Roasters for three weeks; and how my know-how of the 80s fad “Shrinky Dinks” would help out in the game of Cranium. I will also tell you about how my angel food cake had me in tears . . . Danny said it made the evening; but I’m not exactly convinced.

Tune in after family night for the latest antics (or at least those of Saturday night) of Ms. Suite-Mangum.

Thanks for stopping by.

C’est moi!

Ps. It took 5 loads in the dishwasher to complete the “clean up” process of our 5 course meal! Good times!

No comments: