Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Work and Rewards (from Sabrena Suite-Mangum)

Happy turkey day everyone. I took the last two days off from work; which means I’ve only spent a couple of hours on the phone and email for work. ;)

There’s a lot to be thankful for. . . Danny’s the first that comes to mind. It was his first Thanksgiving with our family (we spent last years with the Mangums). It was actually super cool this year because the whole entire Suite posterity made it to Saint George. All three of my sisters, plus husbands and children. It was a full table and uber fantastic.

Some quick thoughts before I move onto the “email of the week,” and a short video of the neice and nephew.



I'm not sick anymore . . . I know it seems like I'm sick a lot. . . but I'm seriously a pretty healthy person. I just need to get my chakras aligned, or something.

My nephew thought the first prophet of the LDS church’s name was Joseph Suite-Smith (my sister also hyphenates).

Kids can start snoring as early as 2 (mostly this is caused from boogies though)

Cassandra is a size 2/4 because she’s a workout queen AND because she never eats sugar

It’s nice to wear stretchy pants on THXgiving

The Sound of Music still makes me cry (I wish it was because I think musicals are so painful, but I think it has a lot to do with my hormone levels)

Remember the “procreate in 2008” post? I’m thinking we’re moving that timeline a little later in the year (like start “thinking” about it late summer, early fall. . . so no one hold your breath ok?

I have a facebook, myspace, Linked In AND a blog account . . . and this is pretty much the only one I know how to use. But feel free to friend request me, because I at least know how to say “yes.”

PS. My brother in law Dave just got into Med School in Eerie Pennsylvania – they’re looking at a DARLING 2200 sq foot home for $99,900. Seriously, who can by a home for under 100,000?????



OK, moving on . . .

I don’t know if it’s legal to write this stuff; but here’s one of my favourite emails from this week at work. . . Our Communications Manager was throwing some ideas around for a new online forum they’re looking into. I’ve edited a few things to protect the innocent. . . otherwise, enjoy the antics of moi e mes amies.

_________________________________
From: MS
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:45 PM
To: BH; SSM
Subject: Titles

Which one do you like best for the new Board Room post that will replace Leading Edge?

Exclusive
INSight
In the Know
Board Room Briefs
The D-L

Thank you for your collaboration!

______________________________________
From: Sabrena Suite-Mangum
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:48 PM
To: MS; BH
Subject: RE: Titles

Well, Board Room Briefs makes me think about [our Executive’s] underwear . . . Which doesn’t thrill me at all. ;)

I like INSight.

In the Know is nice but a little boring . . .

Exclusive is pretty good; but a little too sensational I think.

And The D.L. is totally hip.

I vote for the D.L. or INSight . . . Thank you for asking.


_____________________________________________
From: BH
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:49 PM
To: SSM; MS
Subject: RE: Titles

That is hilarious!!!

I conquer!



_____________________________________________
From: MS
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:51 PM
To: BH; SSM
Subject: RE: Titles

Um, I think she means concur. ;)

LOVE IT! LMAO

_____________________________________________
From: BH
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:52 PM
To: MS; SSM
Subject: RE: Titles

Stupid spell-check… now what in the world can I trust if it's not spell-check????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: SSM
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:53 PM
To: BH; MS
Subject: RE: Titles

Only your heart . . . And the force . . . You can definitely trust the force, especially if you are a Jedi.

Wait, you're not as Jedi. That friggin sux! We need a department yoda, really soon . . .

_____________________________________________
From: MS
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:55 PM
To: SSM; BH
Subject: RE: Titles

You're over job descriptions -- let's post a Yoda position!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: SSM
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 4:03 PM
To: BH; MS
Subject: RE: Titles


What do you think?
Master's Degree or lifetime experience fighting the dark side
Oversee spiritual enlightenment of all SkyWest Airlines activities
Speak in hushed tones and backwards grammar so that no one can understand you unless they speak a hybrid of pig Latin
Ability to multi task
Familiarity with light saber a plus but not required

No comments: