Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On the Chopping Block -- my Locks of Love

OK, my pretties . . . I know there’s no chance of “Suite Spots” becoming a cult pf personality if I only blog every two weeks or so…

But in my defense, I had two dinner parties the past two weekends and that takes the time right out of me! Seriously, 20 people over two Friday’s ago … all in my living room mind you, and our church Christmas party for about 170 on Friday, last. Which was kind of interesting, it was like the biblical parable of the fishes and the loaves because we only had RSVP’s for about 130-something people, and really had around 170 show up.
(Good thing I set extra tables for overflow!!)

OK, so onto more serious things . . . THIS MORNING I AM CHOPPING MY HAIR OFF. You know that song in the late sixties/early seventies (Maybe it was by the Byrds?) “It’s the Time of the Season for Love”? Well, it’s the time of the season to be giving, and so I have decided that December is the month to really give something to those less fortunate… so I’m donating (for the second time) to Locks of Love.

For those of you that don’t know about the program, they use hair to make wigs for kids with cancer. It’s a tremendous program and really one that makes it so you can’t regret cutting off 14 inches of hair (although they only ask for 10, I’m going to go probably up to my chin this morning . . . and my tresses are down to the “twins” right now, so there should be plenty of love to go around.

Anyway, I’ll check back in later today with some updated photos/video of the process.

Just in time for the New year – a new me.

Namaste.
Suite

PS. I’m even going to lose weight today . . . my hair must weigh at least 5 lbs right?!?!? ;)

4 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

AHHHHH, Your Hair, your beautiful hair!! Just kidding. I can't wait to see it.

I have been thinking that I too want to donate to Locks of Love. It may not be for a year or 2, but when I am ready to cut, that is where it is going. Mine is not quite 10 or even 14 inches yet. I can't believe that is how long your hair is.

Waiting for pictures!!

Spencer Davis said...

I'm a bit skeptical about Locks of Love. As a charity I've heard that they keep 10% of your hair to cover their overhead.

Suzette Baird said...

Hey I am so happy your also a blogger...I love bloging much more than anything else, its the best way to keep in touch with everyone. So your hilarious, I was dying and the things you write, you such a good writer. Well it was so good to see you at the Dodo...so yummy~!
Have a great holiday season
Love, Suzette

Suzette Baird said...

Hey I am so happy your also a blogger...I love bloging much more than anything else, its the best way to keep in touch with everyone. So your hilarious, I was dying and the things you write, you such a good writer. Well it was so good to see you at the Dodo...so yummy~!
Have a great holiday season
Love, Suzette