Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm a Liar and I have to come clean

So, I just spent about 30 minutes writing a post and deleted the whole thing.

It sufficeth to say that I have found a loop-hole in the no-bread, no dessert, no candy deal (again, I am NOT dieting). 
  • Pesto pasta!  I tore this UP yesterday at Oasis cafe... and they weren't even wheat noodles.  It was the first time I felt full since...well, Thursday, because I had
  • Mexican Food!  That's right... as proof that I am not dieting, I treated myself to chips and salsa... So while white flour in bread is apparently not good for me, for some reason, white flour/or corn with lard deep fried in more lard is apparently ok for me to eat... 
  • And just to top off going into the weekend in style, Danny and I hit Procupine Grill last night and had a 1/2 order of nachos... which is kind of crazy because a 1/2 order of Porcupine nachos is still the size of my head... well, needless to say, buy the time my "salad" came... because you, know, I'm eating "healthy"... well, I didn't even have room for the rabbit calories. 
But today is a new day... I'm still dessert and candy free... minus those 2 M&Ms that snuck into my trail mix this week.  That sounds like Cher from "Clueless"... "I feel like such a heifer.  I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&Ms and like 3 pieces of licorice."

Except I only had 2 M&Ms and no licorice... so maybe I should reward myself with something cheery like nachos or pasta. ;)


PS. Danny and I saw "Drillbit Taylor" last night... don't waste your time, unless you want to accrue some "wife points." It would've been  a great 1 hr episode of "Freaks and Geeks"... oh wait, it was... and then they made a stupid movie were Owen Wilson tries to con a couple of dorks that I love and one that I wish would... well, I would say "spend more time in the locker the bullies put him in, in the first place."  But that would just make me like the bullies... which is part of the reason I didn't like this movie.  But the good news is, Danny said he'll watch Pride and Prejudice with me now... 
  

5 comments:

WIKKY said...

Oh.... chips and salsa are so dang good. Especially the one's from Chili's!!!!
So, I saw JUNO the other night and thought of you because of how much you loved it. Sooo hilarious. We need to get together with Linds sometime soon. Do you hang out with her often? Let me know what your schedule is like. I would love to see you guys!!!!

ThePeachTree said...

Haha!! Oh man, all those sound so good too :) I think in order for anything to be successful, there has to be some give. So let yourself cheat every once and while! Let that belly be full!!

Cicely said...

I have something to tell you...

Don't do this to yourself. Just eat.

Something else...

Why doesn't my link work? Are you scared that someone is going to think you're not the funniest Suite? Cause you are. I'm not steal your thunder.

Loves. I hope you are feeling better.

swensen squeeze said...

Hey girl! I am going private on my blog can you email me your address so I can add you to the list
amyswensen@msn.com

Thanks

Sarah said...

Oh Suite you always make my day when I read your blog... Nothin but the truth ALWAYS from you. Man, I would sure hate no carbs, no sweets, no whatever "non" diet you are doing- that stinks and don't think anyone one human should have to suffer like that. However, maybe I should give it a try. I could loose a bit of this baby flab still hanging on from 15 months ago YIKES. Keep me posted on how it goes.
Is Cass in OH yet:? I am taking a road trip up that way in a month or so and would love to get in contact with her. I would love her info if you have it. Thanks cute girl. Sure love ya and just can't wait until we get to see each other- who knows when. I am not sure what my summer plans are yet but hope to get home. Tootles for now.

xoxo