Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I wrote this on the plane Monday night...

So I'm walking onto the aircraft and the gentlemen in row 5 seat C is talking on the phone... Nothing new, I see businessmen, moms, teens, tweens, etc., yappin' away on mobile devices all of the time (well, teens and tweens are mostly txting, but that's another issue.)

The thing is, Mr. Big-shot 5C is going off on someone about "get me the numbers" and "send them over a-sap"....First of all, anytime someone says "get me the numbers a-sap" I want to laugh... No one in business really says this, do they?

Isn't that something middle management says to sound important?

I'm being judegemental; but it was really hard to take 5C seriously because:

A) he was in a baggy tank muscle tank with 150 extra lbs of fat (not that I'm one to point the finger as far as body mass index is concerned... if you missed my post on flenser's, keep reading below for past entries)

B) his upper body was entirely covered in tattoos (again, can I really point the finger when I've got a mark of shame on my lower left naval? For the record, yes I was young, yes I was stupid, yes I regret it, and no, President Hinckley hadn't given the official outright "no tatoo" speech... yet.)

C) 5C's head was shaved... Hey, bald is beautiful and all, but when you're sporting tats across the majority of your visable body, you look a lot more "neo-nazi" than clean shaven...

Anyway, it just made me think.... Hmmm, I'm really judgemental, and someone better get me the numbers on that project, stat!!!

ps. My sister is an American Idol fiend... She loves that David Archeltta kid (sp?) Anyway, I hate the show... everything except for Carrie Underwood's legs and the fact that Randy used to be in the band Journey (that's street cred, man). But the whole thing is a little too "1984" for me.

** Also day # "whatever" of low-carb-want-to-kill-myself-I-miss-my-bread-and-cookies-but-I'm-still-not dieting-continues... keep me in your prayers.

8 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

I flew with Delta for a few years and know just the type of guy you are describing. It's unfortunate they get to ride in first class. I too am a little on the judgemental side. I think it's only human to some extent.

Anonymous said...

You may find this hard to believe, but of all the people I know, you are the first- ever- who tells me that they have divided their belly button into quadrants.

Then again, you may not!

Double D

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Suite! It is so fun reading your blog & hearing what you are up to now. I have added you to my friends on my blog! Take care!
~Sara Jane

swensen squeeze said...

I would be saying the same thing about 5C and I would have a hard time serving him or taking him seriously:)

Lisa (Giuli) Zaba said...

Suite - This is Lisa from high school choir. All I have to say is - you are NOT fat, and have no reason to diet. In fact you are one of the best looking people I have ever known. Eat your cookies - life is short! And about Mr. 5C, Manhattan is full of those men. Without fail, anyone who has actual clout wouldnt be caught dead talking like that.

cristie said...

this post totally cracked me up...you are amazing.

Cicely said...

Bloody Brilliant.

WIKKY said...

Man oh man, you are one strong person to not eat carbs. I tried for one day and couldn't do it!!!! As far as flying, the airport is one of my favorite places to people watch because of that very reason... there are so many people around to crack me up!!!