Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wed Night...might as well.

I look so happy! This is from the engagment days... So, enough reflecting on the good ole days...I am officially “overweight.” My doctor said that normal BMI is like 20-25 or something… I’m 26.2 or something. She said it’s nothing to lose sleep over; but let’s face it, it’s definitely something to lose BLUBBER over!

My friend Ashley Anderson (she has a new last name, but I can’t remember it,); anyway, she used to call people “Fat Heads.” Well, I’m not so much worried about my head as I am my front-bum.

But operation, “Dumbo-drop-the-fat-ace” is now in full effect… Seriously, I had to buy designer fat-jeans from Smith’s Marketplace because I was muffin-topping so bad in both pairs of my True Religions that I feared my oxygen levels were seriously depleted, and I didn’t want my blood test to come back all freakish from lack of O2 to my brain… let’s be honest, I lose any more…well, I just really can’t afford to lose anymore (brain cells, obviously... I can afford to lose fat cells).

**I interrupt this post to bring you the Featured pictures of the night**
More from our "engagement pics back in '06"

**We return you to your regularly scheduled blog**

Some things I’m thinking about tonight from my grandma’s basement:

· I smelled the inside of one of my grandpa’s old “Kipling” hardback books. It smelled like the inside of the Eastwood Elementary school library. Beautiful.

· I remember when Mona, the Swedish foreign exchange student who lived with us in 1981 or so... well, I remember when we all lived in this house. She lived in the room Danny and I now call home. My grandparents were serving a mission in Crow Agency in Montana. Apparently my mom taught her to shave her armpits. Man, a little service goes a long way.

· My husband made fajitas tonight for dinner. They were good, but more importantly, how cool that I have a husband that will cook dinner, eh?

· Yes, I say I bought designer “fat jeans” from Smith’s. The thing is, they’re not really designer… I mean, they were “designed” by someone; but not anyone that would warrant disclosure to the masses.
See, I’ve tried on pretty much every brand of designer jeans you think of… Lindsay Elizabeth Morgan can attest to this… We were shopping at Nordies a few years ago, and the darling (size 2)sales lady had me try on 15-20 pairs of designer jeans… I finally bought a pair, but I have to say that they didn’t make my back side look any different than these $32.99 pair of “Delux” jeans complements of the Marketplace on 33rd south… And I can breathe in these; which is actually a concept I have not yet found in couture.

· I miss my grandma… I really hope we get to buy this place. I love it here. I love the area. I love being close to family.

Good night and good luck.

I'll end with a couple of videos of the Cinci trip...
ssm


This one is Tatum on her bike in her Cinci Apt.




Maxiburger at the Aquarium

10 comments:

alyssa said...

This post of yours is my favorite! I love that you bought jeans from Smiths. I have yet to step into the apparel area at Smiths. I think you look great! Stop worrying. BTW, I really like the new pic of you and Danny. It's cute!

Spencer Davis said...

Take it from a Behavioral Science and Health major, the BMI is a load of garbage. Why is it garbage you ask? Well, it only takes into account 2 factors, height and weight. What about muscle mass or various body types? I would go into more detail, but to be honest, thats the best answer you're going to get from a 3.3 gpa student.

Megal said...

i have been stalking you for over 6months and have never left a comment but decided i was going to mend my errant ways and profess my love for your blog. i think you are so funny and witty and you make me laugh. my sister started a blog about a month ago and you two remind me of each other so you should check it out--wordtoyourmother-mindi.blogspot.com
i just gave her your address so she can stalk you too.
btw i am TOTALLY in agreeance on the cheap jeans vs. spendy--i'm shopping smith's from now on!

swensen squeeze said...

Suite - You crack me up. I love this post of yours! I know I haven't seen you in a really long time but my guess is that you look great just like you always did! love ya

Kotter

WIKKY said...

I love Smith's Marketplace! We don't have one that is close to us or I would go all the time. I venture up there when I am visiting my mom and dad. I bet you look amazing in your new pair of "designer jeans". My designer jeans are from Target! And I am totally proud of that. Good luck with your new goal, yoga all the way!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mrs. farlanderz said...

sabrina - I have got to check your blog more often, every post makes me laugh aloud! what place are you hoping to buy? a house? - sorry you have probably explained this and I am behind...but miss you! We really need to send the boys golfing and go shopping sometime-

Helene

dave&abby johnson family said...

You make me laugh! And hey Smith's is my favorite place, one of the things I miss about Utah. So there, I am way jealous!

How in the heck are you? Just thought I would drop in and say "hi"!

Abby Johnson
(clawson)
p.s. you look fabulous!!

The Wells Family said...

Okay...I am not much into stalkers...hence my need to put my blog into private. But I am ashamed to say I am a stalker right now...for good reason. I was on my good old college buddy Shaner's blog and clicked on this one randomly. What do I find...YOU...who is married to one of my old Parson's runner buddies: Mr. Danny Mangum! I am glad that he (and you are happy). Send him my "hello's"...and thanks for letting me peek.

deb wells (the mailroom nazi)

Bree said...

seriously i'm going to smith's TODAY i've been in search of some FAT jeans myself to survive in for the next month while i lose this depressing baby fat(i'm a WW lifetimer and fully suggest it)... i'm so not in the mood to continue to wear my maternity pants
suite-you crack me up