Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lowe's and Labor- A winning Combination

So yesterday my BFF from SG (Brandi Honey) drove down (over, across?) from spending the Christmas Holiday in Kamas with family… it was awesome! She is such a good a friend; she did not even comment on my sausage fingers (actually she did, but she just said she didn’t really think I looked bloated).

Which was great because I spent some time on Saturday and earlier Monday morning at Yoga; and I have also given up eating my weight in Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake for the past few days… and I think it’s really made a difference with the whole “bloating” factor. Eeek! What a horrible word – bloat. It’s almost as bad as “moist” – but for entirely different reasons.

Anyway, I digress.

We had lunch at Porcupine (“Chicken Soup for the Skiers Soul”) and she almost went into cardiac arrest when a neighboring table was brought out the ½ order of nachos… (yes, the ½ order is larger than your head).

Then we went to Lowe’s to “Build Something Together.”


"The Danny" and I have been in need of a new dishwasher since we moved into this place… but to invest in the dishwasher (because of the 12 layers of linoleum and sub-floor below) means new flooring; and countertops… and why get new countertops if we’re not going to get new cabinets? And wouldn’t it be great to knock out a wall or two to “open the space up”… you know how it is.

Brandi's husband is a big-time painter in SG and does Parade of Homes houses; and she LOVES that kind of stuff so I knew her opinions would be fabulous to have...

So yesterday we priced out things we can’t afford that would be perfect; and things we can afford that aren’t worth it. It was a great afternoon!

Last thoughts – Yesterday when I walked past a table at Porcupine that had ordered a FULL-ORDER of nachos (2 adults and one child?!?!? Come on! That’s like eating 2 Thanksgiving Dinners each!) I found myself self-narrating their experience:


“Oh my gosh, I just walked past a table with a full plate of nachos and it put me into pre-mature labor.”

Here are some others that may or may not equal the dramatics:

• “I totally tried to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and the pressure on my lower abdomen totally put me into premature labor.”

• “That man’s Christmas sweater was so over the top, the shock put me into premature labor.”

• “Edward Cullen is so hot, he totally puts me into premature labor.”

• “I just saw [So-and-so] from high school; and they totally got skinny. The stand-by jealousy put me into premature labor.”

Feel free to add your own… As of Friday, I’ll be considered “Full-Term” (ok, 37 weeks); so hopefully these things will just “put me into labor.” I’ve also heard that Raspberry leaf tea works…Care to share what puts you into labor? ;)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

You crack me up! I am with you on the whole "moist" thing. EW!

mrs. farlanderz said...

sorry no suggestions from us unexperienced fools on how to go into labor but know that we are sitting 2500+ miles away exited to meet (aka photos on blog) little Holden!!

Cicely said...

We had sex. I think that is what did it for us.

Also, I ate a asian salad from Applebees- which I was told puts you into labor, but I think it was the sex.

Oh, and some chick did some osteopathic manipulation on my spine which apparently put her into labor, but really- I think it was the sex.

WIKKY said...

I'm with your sis! Sex, sex and some pleasure for you too!!!! Go Danny! No seriously, don't be afraid to have a little fun too...
I can't believe it is soo soon! I love that you are going to be a mom! Can't wait! And... I am sure you can't wait either!

Lindsay said...

I was so sad we werent able to do breakfast. We all were bummed. We'll make sure to see you soon. I agree with Cicely. My Dr. told me that the only thing clinicaly proven to induce labor is sex (well actually its sperm) So go for it. Hope all is well. Cant wait to see you guys.

Chelle said...

DON'T do castor oil (not that you were thinking of it). I tried it with my fourth and it was a terrible experience...almost as bad as the word 'moist'. And it did not induce labor.

Sex. Yes, just keep with the sex. : )