Friday, December 26, 2008

When Will Holden Get Here?

First there was Indecision 2004 (thank you Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert). Then there was Indecision 2008 (are you sensing a pattern?) 

Now there's Decision 2009!!!  (Click on the link! You won't regret it!!!) 


Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Holden should be here in less than a month (officially due January 23rd, whatever that means). We're totally ready (I mean, I am "SuperMommy" afterall)...All I need is a place for him to sleep, and a car seat, and diapers and a breast pump, to set up the nursery and to get started on his announcements... um, yeah; a bunch of other stuff too... but I'm sure those are just ancillary details.* As of today, I'm going to adopt a Beatles philosophy for child rearing (no, not staying naked protesting in bed for days like John and Yoko) ... but maybe "Love is All You Need?" Although, I think Holden would really appreciate a crib so we're working on that.  (I shouldn't be so dramatic... we got loads of stuff for Holden for Christmas - and some serious cash to put towards his every little need... but you never feel ready do you?)

So we're diligently preparing for his arrival...But the arrival date? Aye, there's the rub. 




You can take a stab at our "Holden Comes to Town" guessing game. 

Please register and cast your vote... I am a woman who has suddenly (over the course of 36 weeks) become very large in statue (well, more width-wise than height)... and your validation may be the only "Balm of Gilead" to easy my puffy sausage fingers. ;)

5 comments:

Allison said...

Maybe I am weird but neither of my kids slept in their cribs until 3 maybe 4 months. If you are crazy like me, or lazy like me you'll have a little cosleeper bassinette thing by the side of your bed so you don't have to really get up 4 times a night. So moral or the story... Don't be stressed about not having a crib yet. You don't need it yet.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Can I just say that I love your fun laughing photo at the top of your blog?!!! I laugh along with you every time I see it! I love it and YOU!

So happy Cicely went un-medicated for the birth. You now have one more supporter. Love it!

Cicely said...

So why does everyone think that your baby is going to be huge? I guess we are all in trouble if he ends up being 6 lbs.

ps. Mom seems to think you are going early so I put you down as going early.

pss. I'm going to call you right....now.

Spencer Davis said...

I think since it is your first baby and you wanna go natural that you may go over your due date. I just figured Owen was over due and he weighed 7.14 so that is why I put that. Honestly though I hope for your sake that you do not go 10 days over like me.

Allison said...

that was me