Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'
Other than the blow-out he had with 30 minutes left of the movie that soaked through his onesie AND his Easter outfit; he did AWE-SOME! We saw it in IMAX and he was completely in awe of the moving pictures... I had to cover his ears a few times because it was so loud; but eventually he fell asleep and really seemed to enjoy himself (the part he was awake for, minus the blow-out of course.) Live long and prosper, you know?
Also, I promised pictures from the Bless-ed Blessing Day, eh? Well here's a couple, but that's what the link you just passed was/is for... cheeky, I know. Although I couldn't pass up a chance to post this little ditty below. Mr. Holden Mangum and Faye Cain say it all. Holden's exhausted and wondering why we keep making stupid faces at him -- trying to get him to smile. Faye's moving and shakin' with the best of them. Find it funny she's 6 weeks older and 2/3's his size?!?!
Highlights from the day:
- Danny blesses Holden to "respect women" (and me, Huzzah!).
- Holden's wearing the same outfit Danny was blessed in. As you may notice, it's unbuttoned...well, after five-plus hours in the get up, Muscle Man Mangum needed a respite form the constricting clothing to let his appendages "breathe"
- Loads of family and friends -- tons of good food -- too many cookies (which btw, I ordered some sugar cookies and rolls from Granite Bakery. I asked for rattles and they came looking like bowling balls. Just an fyi in case you are going to a bowling part in the future...)
- Holden was a trooper all day as we played "pass the baby"... by the time we put him down for a nap, it was like his whole countenance said "thank you for some alone time." (He totally takes after his dad.)
- End of the day festivities -- of course -- ended with him having a blowout and it "decorating" my cream Ann Taylor brocade skirt and white button down shirt. But honestly, did I really think I could get away with wearing white?!?!?
Additional pics below include Holden and Danny at Max (my nephew's) soccer game. I don't know why the hat is tilted sideways. But he's wearing his (Earth Day Everyday) "Let's Go Green" t-shirt!