Saturday, November 14, 2009

Soooo Excited!


If you can squeal like a valley-girl in the 80s, you should. Because that is how happy I am inside (and you should be too).

Why is Sabrena so happy? (And more importantly, why is she typing in 3rd person?)

Here, try the quiz:

a) She got tested for little piggy flu (H1N1) and "NO PIGGY FLU!"
b) It's a weekend and she's listening to Christmas music
c) She found natural cake/cookie decorations?!?!
d) All of the above

It's true (all of it). But especially 'C.' I was reading in Yoga Journal this morning, and they were talking about Gingerbread Cookies and recommended India Tree "for natural colored sugar sprinkles and food coloring derived from vegetable sources."

The Natural Candy Store has all sorts of delights too: vegan, organic, free-trade AND corn syrup free - just the tip of the ice berg. Thank you Yoga Journal, it's like I died and went to natural candy heaven. They (Natural Candy Store) even have organic marshmallow creme (wonder if you can make marshmallow squares with this?...even more importantly, I wonder if my husband would know the difference if we left out the animal tendons?!?!)

TMI? Yeah, smores have not been the same since I read about gelatin.

So the real reason I'm stoked about the candy/cookie decor is because Holden's 1st birthday is fast approaching, and I was trying to figure out how I was going to be ok with shifting from primarily organic eats for Little Bits to Red Dye No.4 on his birthday cake.

Problem solved! Thank you India Tree. I think I will start experimenting with your Winter Line straightaway.

3 comments:

mrs. farlanderz said...

boo to animal tendon smores.

can't believe holden's almost a year! what?!

Spencer Davis said...

Wow. I bet Holden's cake is going to be delicious. This is worse than people who replace butter with applesauce in cakes and cookies and then claim that you can't tell the difference.

Alicia said...

Sabrina, those sprinkles and things are an awesome find!!! I seriously am not a big fan of food coloring (my children have enough energy as it is w/out any added hyper-activity from food dye). Let me know how they work, I'm totally interested.