Things I am feeling particularly good about -
- Most of my Christmas cards are out (or at least they will be postmarked out before Christmas) ha!
- My presents are mostly wrapped (ok I have one more to wrap for Danny's Grandma)
- We gave a few friends 'green' gifts (one of those green canvas bags with oranges and clementines with a message about how 100 billion bags are thrown away every year, etc). It felt good to have a soapbox in the the season...
- I made Holden a book for Christmas; and I am really excited for him to open it
- Most of our presents for family this year are made (that always puts me more in the mood for Christmas)
- I have really amazing friends
- The Chipmunks are playing in the background on Kozy 106.5
- I don't particularly care for Delilah*
*The other day I was listening to her and she said something about cuddling up all cozy-like at the fire place and then said 'You probably don't even have a fireplace. I've got three. I live in an old farm house and..." yada yada yada.. she starts going off about her three fireplaces? What a weirdo. I think I could do better.
Love songs with Delilah -- the other night she was talking about how she was divorced and marriage just didn;t work for her... is that weird to anyone else but me?
Back to the post at hand. I am also feeling good about:
- How Holden will just cuddle and snuggle up to me for no apparent reason
- Stoked that he appears to have completely weaned from the bottle (even at nighttime, we just fill a sippy cup with water if he needs something to wet his whistle)... it's been four days and four nights, so I think we're safe?!?!
- And that he's standing by himself for a few seconds and even took a couple of steps (ok, a step and a half?) today
He turns 11 months on January 1st. That is insanity...