Have you mastered the art of gift giving? Not me.
Yes I try to give gifts that are thoughtful, and personal... but sometimes I just fall way short and end up hitting up bath & Body Works for the scented lotion bit you know?
But my friends Marissa.... and Brandi... have mastered the art.
For Holden's Baby shower, (among other things) they gave him a picture book of Andy Warhol animal renderings.
They know me.
They know my likes.
They embrace my eccentricities.
On Wednesday they hit the nail on the head with a paperbox from here:
That's right, they gave Holden (and me) a box and paper made from recycled animal poop. To celebrate Holden's birthday and my 'accomplishment' of making it through the first year of Mommydom (or maybe it was my part time stint as a Winder Dairy cow.) Either way, it was the perfect gift.
Sure, it may sound odd to you...poop as a present.
But consider the following:
- It had a mommy and baby elephant on the front
- It matches the light green of Holden's nursery.
- Totally eco friendly and made from recycled products
- Everyone knows Holden and I love Ganesh
- Not to mention that first time elephant mommies can be very awkward with their babies and depending on [the mommy's] experience can play a role in hindering the baby from feeding (ugh! The nursing drama!!!).
Danny couldn't believe how much I loved it. He said that next time he needed to get me a gift he was going to remember how much I 'liked crap.'
Not "crap" Danny...elephant poop. Big difference.
Breakfast a few wheat waffle 'hearts' w/ maple syrup and a glass of OJ. Yes, I know Pollan says not to drink your fruits and veggies.