Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary In-Loves

My Grandma used to call her daughters-in-law her 'daughters-in-love.' I have adopted a similar philosophy with my in-laws...In-Loves I mean.

I know it's kind of cache to complain about your in-laws and all, but mine are pretty incredible.

Stevie & Dave at our Wedding Reception
(doesn't my mother-in-love have a striking resemblance to Princess Di?)


First of all, you have to know they're patient because the put up with me (e.g. crazy SkyWest work addiction, transferred to crazy Bridezilla obsessions, to hypno-birthing and pregnancy madness, not to mention the breastmilk & pumping insanity... then the overall attachment parenting craze complete with made from scratch organic baby food, infant pottying, cloth diapering and living green...and now we're at barefoot running and organic gardening.)

You see what I'm getting at? The patience of Job. (From the Bible, not so much that character from Arrested Development... though he is a laugh a minute.)

They're awesome grandparents to Holden.

They tend for us all the time; which is such a blessing because pretty much I only leave Holden alone with family.

They are two of the most generous people in the world.

They're fun.

They're funny.

They LOVE attention!**

They have treated me as if I were their own form the beginning.

And they raised a pretty dang incredible son.

I am fortunate to be a part of their family, and to be a recipient of their love and generosity first hand.

Today, they celebrate 30 years of wedded bliss. Here's to time and eternity.

Happy Anniversary you two.




**Just kidding, they don't love attention. They're super humble people... so being featured on a blog may make them a little uneasy.... I probably should've just written them a note and sent flowers.

1 comment:

QNC said...

30 years! that is great. hopefully we all can be so lucky.