Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pita You Can Eat-ah.

I'm in a recipe club. (I know, so domestic of me - right?)

It's a standing meeting. One particular Thursday each month is blocked off of my schedule for a GNO with delicious treats and even better company.

The host picks the theme.
We each bring something.
Then we're supposed to post it on the intranet.
(We have a blog... yeah, so 21st century.)

For June's soiree I made Hummus and Pita (the carrots are not grown from my garden. Sorry, I'm not that impressive.)


I'm excited to make the pita bread with Holden when he gets a little older (currently I make the dough before I go to bed, and cook the dough during his nap time the next day.)

But the flatbread 'puffs up' in the oven in less than 2 minutes; so it's like making German Puff Pancakes on steroids (and with out all the butter, sugar and eggs.)

You can find the recipes at FAT THURSDAYS.

1 comment:

Ashlee Marie said...

um where and when. I seriously need a GNO, and with food and recipes. Pretty please?