Monday, November 28, 2011

30 days of Thanksgiving: (11/28/11): Baby Z Update

OK, no baby -- yet...

But progress people!!! THat's what we've got. We are 70% effaced and at a 1.5 (OH YEAH! That's a whole half a point from last week...I'm surprised this baby just hasn't fallen out of me today.)

The non-stress test for this week looked fine (Baby Z passed!), and my amniotic fluid is normal...again. Huzzah.

I recognize I've been a little quiet lately, but the stomach flu hit our house with a vengeance. First Holden -- for 24 hours; then about 12 hours later....Danny. He took the 24 hour cycle, lost about 12 pounds and 12 hours following him I got my chance at greatness. (I can't think of a way to explain it without being vulgar or sharing details that may in fact pass on symptoms of the stomach flu directly to you.)

So let's just say my stomach was churning and heaving and convulsing and I lost 6 pounds over the weekend. I had high hopes the cramping in my stomach would start some contractions and send me into labor, and it definitely brought some on, but nothing stuck (including any Thanksgiving leftovers I had partaken in earlier on Friday for lunch.)

The good news was, I woke up Sunday morning without cankles and no longer feeling bloated. Totally awesome.

Who gets that kind of a gift in their pregnancy past 40 weeks? See, every cloud has a silver lining.


1 comment:

Erin said...

I've been thinking of you so much!!! I'm so sorry about the flu- I got it last week too strangely. It's the worst! Leave it to you to find a silver lining... I laughed out loud.

Will be checking in on you daily- can't wait to hear the news.

xo