Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bonjour mes amis!

So much to write about . . . .

We returned from our fabulous European Va-cay last week, and I have loads to unload about.

SKINNY JEANS AND FLATS – A WINNING COMBINATION

First off, let me say that both my legs, my husband and my non-arthroscopic knee doctor are going to be thrilled with the Parisian fashionistas. They were ALL in skinny jeans and flats! It was like an 80s flashback reunion. I mean, I saw like 10 women in heels the whole time I was in Paris and they looked out of place.

I expect this to catch on with the masses in Utah in about 2 years (I know some ppl in Utah wear this, but they are either a) shopping at the Gateway Mall and have a fake Louis VItton handbag or b) living in Southern Utah, and never made the transition to “boot-cut” flared jeans 10 years ago . . .

++++


AU NATURAL

Second – the Parisians are natural beauties. Hardly any of them wore make up – pretty much the only people who are “made-up” over there are the Americans and the Germans. All the lovely olive skinned idyllic Paris femme-fatales were eating croissants and sipping espressos from tiny cups that resembled my nieces tea party set for her dolls. It was all quite fabulous.

They just looked so amazing – not "made up" . . . but totally put together. You know how in the states during the grunge era, so many of us tried to spend time looking like we just rolled out of bed; but really we spent a lot of time looking like we spent no time?

Yeah – it wasn’t really like that . . .

But it did look like their hair had been wind-blown and then tied back out; more for pragmatics than perfection. But that’s just it – it was perfection! The humidity of the French climate made supple curls around the face – softening their striking features and giving them an almost ethereal look. . . (well, as ethereal as on can look while smoking a cigarette, I suppose).

Like I said, little to no make-up. . . in fact, the Americans that were “done up” looked so out of place. Like they were wearing stage make-up in the middle of the afternoon . . . “American in Paris” take fourteen!

++++


I love American toilets . . .

French women aren’t fat and the men are downright "imo" looking ...

Danny and I slept 12 hours the fist night there – probably could’ve slept longer but my dad wanted to wake us up.

Yoga feels good anywhere I do it – even in a corner and Cincinatti International Airport.


It drove me crazy that I couldn’t speak the language. . . on a similar note, my husband is much more of an extrovert when he's speaking french.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I miss you! Haven't looked at your blog in forever and haven't seen you in longer, so I thought I'd check in. Glad your chakras are aligned these days -- it wouldn't be the first time I live vicariously through you because it's so much more fun than being me...;)

ah, namaste. thank you for being. :)

M

Anonymous said...

Come on, you need to keep up on your blog more or people will stop reading it...

Chao (That's Chilean)

-Speny-

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,