Saturday, December 19, 2009

8th Day of Christmas -- Food Co-Op

Oh hello, how are you today? You are probably not reading blogs today because you are at Costco, with what I can only suppose is the rest of the valley -- eeek!


I almost had to go there and then I remembered that would be absolutely horrible!

Anyway - on the 8th day of Christmas, the universe gave to me:
a TOTAL SCORE FROM THE FOOD CO-OP, BABY!

So here is the list of the take home for today:
-1 lb lean ground beef (what am I going to do with that?!?!?)
-2 lbs chicken thighs
-1 lb pork spare ribs
-2 8oz. top sirloin steaks
-5 bananas
-6 apples
-4 clementines (oh, so cute!)
-1 head romaine lettuce
-1 bunch cauliflower
-3 green peppers
-2 avacados
- 3 lb. bag of yellow onions

PLUS, an artisan loaf of Stone Ground's wheat bread and 16 oz. of black beans.

I know I've talked about it before; but we get loads of food for such a smokin' deal. I kid you not, we only paid $23 for all of that stuff. I dare you to try and get that much food anywhere else! You'd have to coupon clip, visit 10 different stores or even (gasp!)... shop at WalMart (*ew, ew and double ew).

I heart the food co-op.

*Also, Danny wanted me to make sure to let everone know that he doesn't hate WalMart - they made a generous donation to Discovery Gateway (the Children's Museum). So he has a soft spot for them in his heart - even though he doesn't shop there. I say, even the devil can use good to do his dirty work. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.