Sunday, May 9, 2010

Because I've Been Saving It for This Very Day

My friend Melissa posted a link to this awesome post (I believe it's her sister's?) a while back. And I wanted to make sure I held onto it for Mother's Day. So it's been sitting, with fingers crossed waiting for it's turn.

What I love about this, is that it's not something made up by Hallmark, or a fwd in an email with dancing kitties, and sappy music and a tag at the end that says "send this to your 5 best girlfriends and let them know you care on Mother's Day."

No, it's just written by someone real, and she had the frame of mind to think about it... and she wrote it, not knowing that people that didn't know her would read it and be touched and want to share it with the rest of the world.

On a similar note, I will never watch The Incredibles the same way again.

Click here for the brilliance, and then send it to 5 of your best girlfriends (just kidding)..

Happy Mother's Day All.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sabrena. The link was fantastic. Her comparison was beautifully profound and thoughtful and it really resonated with me. Thank you for the lift today- the timing was perfect actually. I'm having one of those days...

this made me feel proud of what I do these days... "elastigate". Love it.

thank you!