Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goin' for Gold! (Or silver).

A couple of weekends ago, I tweeted (excuse me) about playing in the Utah Summer Games (Volleyball Rec League).

Before I go on, or go off, about what a great time it was, let me start off by confessing the following:
  • I am still intense (even Cassandra got a little frightened by 'assertiveness'...and if you know my sister, that's really sayin' something.)
  • As far as sheer talent is concerned, we should've taken the gold (we also should've been playing in the "OPEN" division. But that's beside the point.)
  • I wish I looked better in 'biker shorts'
  • I 'ROOFED' their Middle Blocker in the Final Game. I did not try to contain my excitment about it.
A few pictures:
Holden flashes my Medal, showcasing that all that glitters in the Summer Games is not Gold. (The team we lost to in the championship -- our ONLY loss, I might add -- we beat handily in pool play 2 sets to nothing the day before... heavy sigh. I am kind of a crappy loser.)


A couple of shots of me and my sisters... literally (Cassandra, the oldest #21 and Celeste 'the middle child' and my junior #8). We're just missing Cicely.

This second one I had to photo-shot crop because the angle made it more apparent than ever that I am the chubbiest of my sisters. Cassandra has the body of a 14 year old, and Celeste has legs from here to South Beach. But I've got a lot of personality....



THE TEAM! THE LINE UP! THE BIO's (From L to R)
  • Erin Webb Grayson - Played Highschool ball with Cicely, and then played at BYU and Utah State (Middle). It would be a lie if I didn't mention how fun it is to set this woman.
  • Me (Seetter at UVU and then Indiana Wesleyan University)
  • Natalie Nielsen. My Middle from Skyline (State Champs!) One helluva a nurse and owns a Great Harvest Bread Co
  • Cassandra (My volleyball mentor growing up; played right side and Lebaro).. we have her to thank for putting our team together
  • Celeste (Played at Embry-Riddle, Outside Hitter)...my little sis, as I've mentioned. Danny said next to Erin, her 'hits hurt the most to dig.' Though he might've used the word 'bump.'
  • Stacey Nielsen G. Outside Hitter from our Skyline Team; Natalie's little sister and one of the funniest people you will ever meet in your life
  • Stacey "Rubby" Reber J. -- Played Jr high and Highschool ball with Cassandra, Me & the Neilsen Sisters. We also played a year together at UVU and then she transferred to BYU for her last two years of college (Outside hitter)
  • Also, not pictured is Melissa Marriott F. (our other middle) who helped up with the Rec League this spring; and Deja... our right side who joined us for day one, but had a wedding on Saturday. I give her our most outstanding all around player. We love you D and are thnking about you!

4 comments:

QNC said...

Looks like so much fun! You are so silly with your cropping. Are you also going to crop out your amazing boobs to be fair to the others? :)

Spencer Davis said...

Can we please get together and play some volleyball this summer. If I win, you have to give me your medal.

Sarah said...

Oh Suite- brings back memories of the good ole' days. totally miss playing v-ball. what a great time you guys must have had. wish I were there. maybe next time. missing you.

Cicely said...

You guys look so awesome! I am crying with jealousy.

Side note. Why am I the fat one again? Thanks for motivating me. I'll be sexy the next time you see me. It's a promise. Also, does Danny miss the Topanga about you? You look amazing!