Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: (11/21/11): More Good News Baby Z


Embracing the Early Ultrasound due date of November 23rd, I approached my (almost) 40-week appointment with a little trepidation today. I still hadn't been 'checked' -- operating under the impression that no news was good news.

As you may recall, with Holden after my induction started and we had undergone about 18 hours of intervention, I was dilated to a 1.5 and still not effaced...so I really didn't want to hear that I wasn't progressing.

When the nurse asked if I wanted to be checked, I responded "not really"...but figured I'd leave it up to my midwife (Lisa).

"I think we should check you," Lisa said.

And guess what?

I'm 50% effaced and dilated to a ONE!

Now I recognize for some, that would be seriously sobering news. But for me, it was such welcome news I started crying and hugged my Midwife.To me, it said "Guess what Sabrena, your body IS capable of doing this. You're not broken. To top it all off, my NST and today's "mini-ultrasound" showed for nearly the 3rd week in a row my amniotic fluid levels are normal.

OK, sure Baby Z is still posterior, but I have every confidence in the world that Baby Z and my body will find a way to work that out too (the fact that I'm going to a Chiropractor for the "Webster Method" on Lisa's recommendation doesn't hurt, either).

Friends, you're prayers and positive energy is SERIOUSLY working.... keep it coming.

5 comments:

Kourtney said...

Aaron was posterior until several hours into labor. Pelvic rocks, baby!

Melissa: said...

HOORAY!!! So happy for you!

Alicia said...

GREAT news!!! I recommend putting Holden down for a nap, turning on Days of Our Lives, and then jumping until your contractions are regular enough that you can give Danny 'the' phone call.

Ashlee Marie said...

better than breech like 2 of mine! I delivered S posterior with no problems, easy peasy!!! good luck! can't wait to hear how it goes. mine is 7 weeks today, the time goes way to fast!

Meesh said...

Caroline was posterior until I was dialated to an 8 at which point my doctor reached in and flipped her. Excruciating? Yes but done with out so much as an iv! It can happen so stay positive :-)